Click here to download the registration form,
The École du Samedi offers programs for children with no or little command of French language, as well as for native or already bilingual speakers.
Our teaching philosophy emphasizes language used in context. All of our teachers use French at all times so that the children will learn in a natural communicative environment. Both native French speakers and French as a Second Language learners do activities from all subject disciplines based on their level of comprehension. All students use textbooks published in France.
- Children from French speaking families: using textbooks approved by L’Education Nationale de France (Dept. of Education in France) they will improve their skills at their grade level with experienced teachers.
- Children learning French as a Second Language: they will study French in an immersion environment with the latest texts for children.
- Preschool French: Children ages thirty months and up attend classes for one hour (3 years old) or one hour and half (4-5 years old) on Saturday mornings. Classes are taught entirely in French by an experienced teacher.
We divide our sections by age and by French proficiency into the following groups:
- 3-year-old program LES BOUT’CHOUS – 1 hour class/Saturday
- 4- and 5-year-olds LES MATERNELLES – 1.30 hour class/Saturday
- 6- and 7-year-olds LES PETITS (CP/CE1) – 2.30 hours class/Saturday
- 8-10-year-olds LES GRANDS (CE2/CM1) – 2.30 hours class/Saturday
- 10-12-years-olds LES “ADOS” (CM2/6E) – 2.30 hours class/Saturday
The École du Samedi admits students of any race, color, gender, religion, sexual identity, and national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. The École du Samedi does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual identity, and national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, employment practices, admission policies or other administered programs.